Tuesday 28 August 2012

ODD THINGS I HAVE SEEN

Nine years ago whilst working in Cumbria, I used to take my dog for a walk on an evening.  I would take a route down the windy road down to a gate climb over and wander over open fields with established Hedgerows.  A nice wander might see the odd one or two folk milling about but that was about it, after a few weeks of doing this walk.  I noticed something a tad strange a plastic milk carton tied up in the hedgerow, it had been burnt at the top and had a piece of black cord with a silver object.  That I could not make out as it was quite high up, but at this point I found it rather unnerving!  Was it some kind of occult group?  This just seemed strange who had put this here and most importantly why?  After this I did no longer walk this route, and to this day I have always wondered what it meant and the reason behind this.

Could there be a lyrical theme here?  Going off on an odd kilter, with my usual lyrical topics.  It could be something esoteric and Dark searching dark avenues of wonder, However I am on Hiatus and do not like to stray to far from my song interests, it may lead to much of an eclectic mix of themes.  It would have to be another project but I am not looking to form anything new.  Megrimmtroll is dormant!!!

I wonder why people do these things, is it to get folk like me guessing? Or is there something more that I have not pondered.  Another thing, which happened around twenty years or more ago, was whilst walking to the pub.  With a mate we where walking down the road, that forked off to a single-track road.  It was nighttime and dark as it was autumn as I recall, all of a sudden we heard really loud footfalls thundering through the trees and undergrowth.  We did not stay to see what it was and ran; our imaginations got the better of us.  We thought it could have been a giant beast or a maniac, again I find myself wondering what would have happened if we had stayed to see what it was?  And again lyrical ideas spring to my, I guess the creative process never stops…

*note photo is not from either places described above*

No comments:

Post a Comment